My name is Jen Abra and I am a full-time Professional Medium. Becoming a Medium happened very quickly and was never on my list of dreams, goals or aspirations in life. Being an ECE with the school board and for the past 15 years seemed like a perfectly reasonable career for me. However, it seems I was meant for a career change and here I am.
I really enjoy serving and helping others. I remember the days of immense stress and frustration as a Mom of four young kids plus working full-time. I wish I had meditation in my back pocket back then because I know it would have helped me deal with it all much better. Over time, I have been taught by many Mentors but admittedly I have discovered Meditation while studying to be a Medium. I look forward to it everyday and once it became part of my daily routine, my life transformed.
My “why” for being here today and teaching you/guiding through meditation is because I know first hand what it can do for you. We as Moms sometimes put ourselves last and rarely, if ever, make time for ourselves. Even if you are not a Mom, you will, of course benefit immensely from creating a strong meditation routine in your daily life.
Where to start:
Here are some tried and true tips to start meditating at home:
- Choose a specific day and time that will be set aside for Meditating. The BEST times are when you just wake up and before bed. This allows for you to not have one more thing to do and since you’re already sitting up comfortably, it’s the perfect time/space.
- Download Insight Timer app on your phone. This app has thousands of meditations ranging from beginner (1-10 minutes) to advanced (30-1 hour) You can listen with headphones. This app also keeps track of your progress so you can see how you’re doing. Click here: https://insighttimer.com/
- Take three deep breaths in and out. In through the nose, out through the mouth. This signals to your body and mind that it is time to be present and relax. Drop your shoulders and loosen your jaw. You may not realize how tense you are until you do this!
- Do NOT beat yourself up if you cannot “control” your thoughts. Having a busy mind while meditating is TOTALLY normal and trying to push them out will make it worse. Simply let them come, acknowledge them and then let them go. You can envision in your mind’s eye a river and as the thought comes, put it in the river and watch it go downstream.
- Make time for yourself a priority. YOU are the most important person in your life. You deserve to take care of YOU and that is exactly what meditating is doing for you.
Benefits of Meditation:
- Stress relief
- Peace of mind
- Relieve anxiety
- Connect to yourself
- Improves concentration
- Respond instead of react
- Increase in happiness
Plus, so much more. There are also many spiritual benefits to meditation.
It takes 30 days to form a strong meditation routine. Stick with it. Get support.